Saturday, April 4, 2009

pipe dreams

I had a pipe dream today that I could get a Korean player preferably from the MLB to come talk to the kids about baseball here in Haenam. The kids love baseball and have a lot of fun playing it, unfortunately the only player that they know is Chan Ho Park. Granted, its not like they have a ton of choices in the matter, there are not that many Korean players that have made it to the MLB. That got me to thinking about a former MLB player by the name of Byung-Hyun Kim. Please don't laugh. I know. But he played with the Red Sox in 2003 and 2004. He is currently not on any baseball team. He is from Gwangju, Korea which is REALLY close to Haenam. I think it would be great to get him to come here and talk to them, but I have no idea where to even start to get things rolling. 

For now, it's just a pipe dream of mine. But i will hold onto hope that i can make this happen for the kids. 

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment