Monday, March 9, 2009

PIZZAAAAAA!

Today at around 3:00 pm, I was told that our host mother Samonim (Samonim is not actually her name... i guess its like a title of respect) was going to Haenam (which is about 20 minutes away by car) and we could come with her if we wanted. It turned out, that her elder son needed new glasses, so we all along with her sons best friend and another community member went into this large van. During the car ride, Samonim told us that we were going to eat at a pizza restaurant in Haenam! I was so excited.

The pizza was also really good! So far at least with the people I have been with, the person that pays will actually order the food when you walk into the restaurant at the front. Everyone gets the same thing. Pizza in South Korea is pretty similar, except that they don't have individual toppings that you can order on the pizza. They just have a "common pizza" with various style crust or size that you can order. The common pizza has probably 3-4 toppings on it. Inside the crust that we got was a sweet potato filling... it was .. interesting. probably not something that i would ever order myself again but it was good to try. The rest of the pizza was really good though! That's probably though because I am craving western style food so anything at that point would have been good!

I got my schedule for from now on, which is really good. Pretty much this week I'm sitting back, and Matias is teaching this week (his last week) and then next week Ji Sul and I take over. It's a really busy schedule during the times that I am teaching, but you will also notice the last of any classes before a certain time. Yeah. it's definitely the life :)

Monday-
4:20 pm - 5:20 pm - go to the Middle School in town and teach English to the kids
5:30pm - 6:00 pm - dinner
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Middle School 'A' class

Tuesday -
4:20 - 5:00 pm - Low level elementary school class
5:00 - 5:40 pm - Upper level elementary school class
5:40 - 6:30 pm - dinner
6:30 - 7:30 pm - Middle School 'B' class

Wednesday -
3:40 - 4:40 pm - go to the middle school in town and teach english to the kids
5:00 - 5:40 pm - high level elementary school class
DINNER
6:00 - 7:00pm - Middle School 'A' class

Thursday
4:20 - 5:00 pm - Low level elemetary school class
5:00 - 5:40 pm - Upper level elementary school class
DINNER
6:30 - 7:30 pm - Middle School 'B' class

Friday -
4:20 - 5:00 - Low level elementary school class
5:00 - 5:40 - Upper level elementary school class

Mmmmm yeah I think i like my schedule :) Only thing though is that I do have to be at breakfast every morning at 8:30 am so its not like i get a big sleep in or anything :) But I can pretty much go to breakfast in my pajamas and then come back, go back to sleep and change later. Yeah. I don't mind it at ALL. :)

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment