Sunday, March 1, 2009

Boston weather

Boston weather is completely messing with my travel plans. We are forecasted to get 10-15 inches of snow between late Sunday night and mid-day Monday. My flight leaves Logan at 6:10 am on Monday morning. Uhm yeah. Once I discovered this, we tried contacting United, but we would have to pay $2000 to schedule me for a different flight unless there is a waiver by the airline saying that from what I gather people can change their flight due to bad weather and not have to pay anything. Best case scenario has United posting a waiver for my flight, and then I would go on a flight to San Francisco tomorrow instead of Monday, and then catching my same fight to Seoul on Tuesday.

Luckily, I have a brother in law and sister in law (my sister's husbands brother and his wife) that live around 20 minutes away from the airport. If I end up having to arrive in San Francisco a day early, I am going to call them and ask if I can stay at their place instead of having to pay for a hotel. 

Please everyone cross your fingers for me that I can get out on time and make my connection in San Francisco. Good luck to everyone in Massachusetts with the incoming snow storm!

-me

EDIT: IM LEAVING TODAY (SUNDAY!) AT 2:45 pm!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. For those that want to know .... Gabrielle has arrived safely at the hotel in Seoul.

    Gabrielle made the Sunday flight to San Francisco. While it was delayed an hour, she missed the big snow. Her original flight was canceled. So, it was a good thing that she left.

    She had a nice evening visiting with her brother-in-law (via Kira's husband) -- which I am sure she will blog about. And, then, caught her original flight to Seoul.

    Her parents got a text message from the airport that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete